Sunday 31 July 2011

Thracian Army



These are a few snaps of my little DBA Thracian army. Figures by Hat. Cavalry (which are actually Hat Thessalians) I thought were finished but aren't. I'm sure we can substitute. I've stuck the two horses for the 'Light Horse' widely spaced on their bases, and have also based a single horse which can be placed in between them to convert them to a 3 fig cavalry base if I need it instead (done similar with my Iberian army for the Punic Wars).

I bought at least a couple of boxes of figs, and this army doesn't even use one, so I have plenty more figs if I wanted to enlarge the army.

DBA Army list is as follows:

Thracian 700BC-46AD

1 x 3 Cavalry (General), 3 x 2 Light Horse or 3 Auxiliaries, 6 x 3 Auxiliaries, 2 x 2 Psiloi


The army can be used over a long time period. 'Thrakes' are actually mentioned as fighting in the Trojan wars, and the Thracian provinces were only eventually tamed by the Romans. Dacians were also neighbours, so I also use them mixed with some bare-chested Celts, if I need to field them.







1 comment:

  1. HBSE 10th Syllabus 2021- Haryana Board has released the revised syllabus of the HBSE 10th 2021 exams. Students can check HBSE Syllabus for Class 10 exams on the official website, bseh.org.in. Haryana Board 10th syllabus 2021 is available for all the subjects namely English, Physical Education, Home Science, Mathematics, Science, etc. Haryana 10th Syllabus 2021-2022 Students preparing for HBSE 10th 2021 board exams can check subject-wise important topics in HBSE 10th syllabus 2021. Knowing the HBSE Syllabus for Class 10 helps students reducing their efforts and time in figuring out what to prepare for board exams. Haryana Board of School Education (HBSE) will conduct class 10th board exams from April 22 to May 12, 2021. Students are advised to go through the HBSE 10th syllabus 2021 carefully and make sure that no topic is left unprepared. Read the HBSE 10th syllabus 2021-22 to get the details of subject-wise topics that need to be covered.

    ReplyDelete